Heather Church, BS, E-RYT 200 | Yoga Teacher. Writer.
Heather is certified in Integrative Yoga Therapy and teaches from this perspective, as well as incorporating Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, and Restorative. Practices are always well rounded,
Heather found yoga in 1998, became certified to teach in 2007 and is accredited by the National Yoga Alliance as an E-RYT 200. Humbled and grateful for her journey thus far, she is forever a student. Heather’s teachers include Janice George, Stephanie Keach, Leslie Kaminoff, Rolf Gates, Amy Ippoliti and Seane Corn. She is eager to learn and looking forward to completing an extensive course in Yoga Anatomy, as well as becoming a certified Yoga for Athletes teacher and Thai Yoga Massage Practitioner, offering additional services to her students.
Each semester you’ll find Heather at three Ohio University branch campuses, in Chillicothe (OU-C), Lancaster (OU-L) and Pickerington (OU-P), where she teaches yoga as an Adjunct Faculty Member. Classes open to students enrolled at OU, and to the public under Continuing Education Department. Throughout the year she also randomly teaches classes and workshops at Zane State College and other locations around Southeastern Ohio including Lancaster, Zanesville and Newark. Current schedule below. Subscribe to newsletter below, blog posts in sidebar and/or “like” Facebook page for updates.
Trainings and Certifications:
- BS Interpersonal Communication, Emphasis: Health Sciences | Ohio University, Athens OH
- Integrative Yoga Therapy 200 Hour Teacher Certification (2007)
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training (2008)
- Storytime Yoga Teacher Certification (2009)
- Member of League of Yogic Storytellers (2009)
- Yin Yoga Immersion (2009)
- Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training (2010)
- Holy Yoga Teacher Training (2012)
- Leslie Kaminoff Yoga Anatomy Teacher Training (2013)
- Sage Rountree Yoga for Athletes Teacher Training (2014)