Heather Church | Yoga Teacher. Writer.
Heather is certified in Integrative Yoga Therapy and teaches from this perspective, as well as incorporating Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, and Restorative. Practices are always well rounded, challenging students to find their edge while respecting their bodies and most classes are heart-centered, philosophy-based and introspective in nature.
Heather found yoga in 1998, became certified to teach in 2007 and is accredited by the National Yoga Alliance as an RYT 200. Humbled and grateful for her journey thus far, she is forever a student. Heather’s main teachers include Janice George, Leslie Kaminoff, Sarah Powers and Rolf Gates. She is always eager to learn and grow as a teacher, and is in the process of completing a three year long extensive course in Yoga Anatomy, as well as becoming a certified Yoga for Athletes teacher.
Each school year you’ll find Heather at three Ohio University campuses, in Chillicothe (OU-C), Lancaster (OU-L) and Pickerington (OU-P), where she teaches yoga through the Physical Education Department (for credit to enrolled students as an Adjunct Faculty Member.) Classes open to students enrolled at OU, and to the public under the Continuing Education Department.
Heather also teaches public classes and individual sessions through the Muskingum Recreation Center (MRC). Yoga classes of all kinds are offered including Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative and Hot Yoga! Check Heather’s teaching schedule by following this link. Register for classes at the MRC by going to the website, stopping in, or calling 740-454-4767.
Subscribe to newsletter below, blog posts in sidebar and/or “like” Facebook page for regular updates.
Trainings and Certifications:
- BS Interpersonal Communication, Emphasis: Health Sciences | Ohio University, Athens OH
- Integrative Yoga Therapy 200 Hour Teacher Certification (2007)
- Member of National Yoga Alliance with a RYT 200 designation (2007)
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training (2008)
- Storytime Yoga Teacher Certification (2009)
- Member of League of Yogic Storytellers (2009)
- Yin Yoga Immersion (2009, 2013)
- Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training (2010)
- Holy Yoga Teacher Training (2012)
- Leslie Kaminoff Yoga Anatomy Teacher Training (2011 – 2014)
- Sage Rountree Yoga for Athletes Teacher Training (2014)