Heather Church | Yoga Teacher. Writer.
Heather is certified in Integrative Yoga Therapy and teaches from this perspective, as well as incorporating Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, and Restorative. Practices are always well rounded, challenging students to find their edge while respecting their bodies and most classes are heart-centered, philosophy based and introspective in nature.
Heather found yoga in 1998, became certified to teach in 2007 and is accredited by the National Yoga Alliance as an RYT 200. Humbled and grateful for her journey thus far, she is forever a student. Heather’s main teachers include Janice George, Leslie Kaminoff, Sarah Powers and Rolf Gates. She is eager to learn and looking forward to completing an extensive course in Yoga Anatomy, as well as becoming a certified Yoga for Athletes teacher, offering additional services to her students.
Each semester you’ll find Heather at three Ohio University branch campuses, in Chillicothe (OU-C), Lancaster (OU-L) and Pickerington (OU-P), where she teaches yoga as an Adjunct Teaching Professional. Classes open to students enrolled at OU, and to the public under the Continuing Education Department.
In February 2014, Heather began teaching for Genesis Lifestyle Fitness (GLF) in Zanesville, and she’ll transition to the new Muskingum Recreation Center (MRC) when it opens in the Spring. Yoga classes of all kinds will be offered including Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative and Hot Yoga! Check Heather’s teaching schedule by following this link and contact Genesis to register by calling 740-454-4767. Stay updated on the opening progress of the Muskingum Recreation Center here.
Subscribe to newsletter below, blog posts in sidebar and/or “like” Facebook page for regular updates.
Trainings and Certifications:
- BS Interpersonal Communication, Emphasis: Health Sciences | Ohio University, Athens OH
- Integrative Yoga Therapy 200 Hour Teacher Certification (2007)
- Member of National Yoga Alliance with a RYT 200 designation (2007)
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training (2008)
- Storytime Yoga Teacher Certification (2009)
- Member of League of Yogic Storytellers (2009)
- Yin Yoga Immersion (2009, 2013)
- Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training (2010)
- Holy Yoga Teacher Training (2012)
- Leslie Kaminoff Yoga Anatomy Teacher Training (2011 – 2014)
- Sage Rountree Yoga for Athletes Teacher Training (2014)