Heather Church, BS, E-RYT 200 is a yoga teacher, holistic health professional and writer.
She is certified in Integrative Yoga Therapy and teaches from this perspective, as well as incorporating Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, and Restorative. Practices are always well rounded, challenging students to find their edge while respecting their bodies and most classes are heart-centered, philosophy based and introspective in nature.
Heather found yoga in 1998, became certified to teach in 2007 and is accredited by the National Yoga Alliance as an E-RYT 200. Humbled and grateful for her journey thus far, she is forever a student. Heather’s teachers include Janice George, Stephanie Keach, Leslie Kaminoff, Brooke Boon, Rolf Gates, Amy Ippoliti, Sydney Solis and Seane Corn. She is eager to learn and looking forward to completing an extensive course in Yoga Anatomy, and becoming certified in Thai Yoga Massage and Integrative Nutrition.
Each semester you’ll find Heather at Ohio University – Lancaster, where she teaches yoga as an Adjunct Faculty Member. (Classes open to students enrolled at OU-L, and to the public under Continuing Education Department.) Throughout the year she also randomly teaches at Zane State College and other locations around Southeastern Ohio including Lancaster, Zanesville and Newark. Current schedule below. Subscribe to newsletter below, blog posts in sidebar and/or “like” Facebook page for updates.
OU-L: Tuesdays and Thursdays. 2:30 p.m. to 3:50 p.m.
Integrative Yoga Therapy | Individual Sessions: By appointment.
Trainings and Certifications:
- BS Interpersonal Communication, Emphasis: Health Sciences | Ohio University, Athens OH
- Integrative Yoga Therapy 200 Hour Teacher Certification (2007)
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training (2008)
- Storytime Yoga Teacher Certification (2009)
- Member of League of Yogic Storytellers (2009)
- Yin Yoga Immersion (2009)
- Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training (2010)
- Yoga Anatomy Teacher Training (2011- ongoing)
- Holy Yoga Teacher Training (2012)
- Advanced Anatomy & Physiology Training (2013 – current)
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition (2013 – upcoming)